Who We Are
Volunteers, who feel that libraries are important, have become members of the Friends of the Sierra Madre Library. The group contributes volunteer hours, materials, and money to strengthen Library programs and services. Each year the Friends sponsor a gala wine tasting, noteworthy book sales, and a prestigious art fair.
The purpose of the Friends of the Sierra Madre Library is to promote community awareness of, support for, and utilization of the high quality programs, services, and facilities of the Sierra Madre Public Library as a lifelong center for learning. The Friends accept the obligation to raise funds so that the cost of the efforts, services, and necessary materials needed for optimal operation of the Library can be met.
- To achieve their mission, the Friends of the Sierra Madre Library will seek to:
- Provide support for the Sierra Madre Public Library’s existing programs and services
- Support additions to the Library’s collections, equipment purchases, and improvements and expansion of facilities
- Encourage membership, participation, and involvement in the Friends by residents of the community served by the Library
- Plan and implement fund-raising activities and events
- Actively seek contributions/endowments/grants from individuals, organizations, foundations, and the public sector