The Friends of the Sierra Madre Library are preparing for the 57th Annual Art Fair. It is located in Memorial Park at Sierra Madre Boulevard and Hermosa Avenue in the charming three-square mile village of Sierra Madre. Set against the San Gabriel Mountains between Pasadena and Arcadia, it is an attraction in itself. Our downtown has a friendly mix of sidewalk cafés and shops.
This two-day, widely publicized event offers artists a chance to show and sell their work. To enhance the Fair for artists and customers you have the opportunity to demonstrate your creative techniques. Food vendors will provide a selection of ethnic foods and entertainers will perform.
All proceeds from this event support programs, materials and equipment for the Sierra Madre Public Library. This juried event will feature approximately 100 artists displaying their own works of original conception and execution. Our Fair is well known for its superior quality with an emphasis on fine arts and skilled craftsmanship; sales are consistently high. We urge you to apply early since spaces and the number of entries in each category is limited.
1. All work must be designed and executed solely by the artist. Work that has not been juried by the Exhibits Committee will not be allowed.
2. Requests for an invitation must be accompanied by at least five color photos no larger than 5” x 7.” If possible please include a photo of your booth. Please describe the medium and technique used in your work. We do not take responsibility for the loss of the photos. If your submissions are accepted, we will keep them. Otherwise we will return them IF you include a self addressed, stamped envelope. Photos must be mailed no later than April 8, 2019.
3. There will be a $250.00 flat fee for a10’x10’ space.
4. Our policy is that the artist be present Saturday and Sunday.
5. All sales will be handled by the artist. You should bring any supplies or equipment needed to handle cash, check or credit card purchases. The artist is responsible for collection and reporting of all taxes, including 9.50% CA Sales Tax.
6. Invitations will be sent to the artist whose work has been accepted, and are not transferable. Please do not send money until you receive an invitation.
7. Invitations and acceptance to participate in the Fair are the responsibility of the Exhibits Committee only, and its decisions are final. The Exhibits Committee reserves the right to remove work from the Fair that is substantially different from photographs submitted or that is not done by the artist. Only by maintaining these qualifications can we assure the outstanding artistry and friendly feeling that the Sierra Madre Art Fair has become known for. For additional information, please write or email the Art Fair Exhibits Committee.
Friends of the Sierra Madre Library
Art Fair Exhibits Committee
Post Office Box 334 • Sierra Madre, CA • 91025
E-mail and Web Site: